6-Day Self-Guided Kumano Kodo Walking Package
The most popular Kumano Kodo package that we sell is a 6-day and 6-night self-guided Kumano Kodo walking package.
Our Kumano Kodo self-guided walking package includes five days of walking the ancient Kumano Kodo Nakahechi Imperial Route taking in countless ancient Oji and cultural sites, authentic and ancient landscapes, small Japanese rural villages, forests and more. The package includes a rest day mid-walk in an Onsen village to recover, soak up the experience, and if you're keen spend a little more time at Hongu Taisha. The route includes Hongu Taisha and Nachi Taisha Grand Shrines, and finishes at the Nachi Taisha waterfalls.
Highlights of this route and walking package;
- Walking the ancient Kumano Kodo Nakahechi Imperial Route
- Countless ancient Oji and cultural sites, authentic and ancient landscapes
- Small authentic Japanese rural villages, lodging and meals
- Rest day mid-walk in an Onsen village to recover, soak up the experience
- Hongu Taisha and Nachi Taisha Grand Temples, plus the Nachi waterfalls
Kumano Kodo walking package inclusions;
Our 6-day Self-Guided Kumano Kodo Walking Package includes;
- 6 x Nights ‘Minshuku’ accommodation along the Kumano Kodo
- 6 x Japanese Dinner and Breakfast at each ‘Minshuku’
- 4 x Packed Lunches for along the walk
- Rest day to explore Yunomine Onsen and nearby Hongu Taisha temple
- Daily baggage transfer between Minshuku to save you carrying your bags
- Kumano Kodo map booklet for your self-guided walk
- Personalised itinerary
This package is exclusively produced and available from Hiking Trails Pty Ltd from $1990 AUD per person based on twin share accommodation.
To find out more, check availability, or start your booking, please complete this form.
Not included in this package;
- Local bus or train fares or reserved seating
- Transport to the start of the walk, and back at the conclusion
- Travel Insurance (although we highly recommend it)
- Drinks other than Japanese tea and water with meals
- Any meals not specified as included within your emailed quote
- Any activities not specified as included within your emailed quote
- Hiking clothing and equipment
Specific Dietary Requests
We can find accommodation that caters to most dietary requests if known prior to booking and with advanced lead-time, however this becomes difficult on short-notice bookings. Requests for dietary changes are not accepted once the booking has been made. It's important to note that some requests such as excluding Dashi (fish stock) and soy/gluten which is present in soy sauce can be difficult as these two ingredients are base ingredients in most Japanese meals.